Rehabilitation Through the Arts (RTA) is seeking a full-time Digital Marketing Manager to join our growing Marketing & Communications team. RTA is at an exciting moment of organizational growth. We are expanding the footprint of our arts workshops, rolling out our unique reentry program within NY State, and venturing to other states. Additionally, an independent feature film based on RTA’s theater program is being released this spring and we anticipate it will bring additional awareness to our mission and increase interest in our work.
As Digital Marketing Manager, you will serve as our online media specialist to lead our development and implementation of digital marketing and social media initiatives to increase engagement with our audiences, partners, and influencers with the goal of increasing brand affinity, building and sustaining relationships with new audiences while deepening involvement with our existing audience, and driving revenue.
Working closely with and reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, this person will be an integral member of the professional staff, a thought partner in developing RTA’s voice and a key driver enabling RTA to scale its impact.
Essential Job Functions
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for the daily management of RTA’s website and social media platforms. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to conceptualize, develop, produce, and execute online content. Hands-on knowledge of social media, graphic design, and web analytics, as well as prior experience with tools like WordPress, Google Analytics, Canva, Hootsuite, and Meta Business Suite is required.
- Develop organic content for all of RTA’s social media platforms including Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, X and YouTube.
- Implement engaging copy and visuals that meet the specifications for each channel.
- Works with internal teams and outside vendors to develop, implement and evaluate multi-channel social media marketing, promotional and fundraising campaigns.
- Manage a daily content calendar.
- Monitor and respond to comments, tags and inbox messages to understand community behaviors and habits and ensure productive dialogue. Participate in conversations with our community on social media, increasing engagement levels to improve brand loyalty and advocacy.
- Establish relationships with social media influencers to develop a strong network.
- Monitor and maintain brand standards for the organization.
- Create, develop and edit compelling, high-quality assets including video content
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Communications to develop digital marketing campaigns including display ads and paid ad content.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key social networks and algorithms, which inform our success on these networks.
- Compile regular reports to show trends and provide insights and recommendations.
Website & Digital Marketing Analysis
- Ensure content on RTA’s website is updated and reflective of all activity within the organization (programming, events, development priorities, thought leadership, etc.)
- Manages website content to encourage audience engagement.
- Collect and analyze data including website traffic and conversions, to effectively evaluate and refine marketing tactics.
- Implement SEO best practices and continually optimize website for search engines to increase search ranking. Analyze and report insights to maximize campaigns.
- Monitor and manage Google Grants AdWords account to ensure compliance and optimization.
- Monitor Google Analytics for data learnings that can optimize RTA for improved user experience and conversion.
Preferred Skills / Requirements
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in marketing with demonstrated success in using varied marketing vehicles, particularly the web and social media.
- An in-depth understanding of social media platforms, trends, and new technologies.
- Experience working with website content management systems, WordPress a plus.
- Experience running reports and exporting data from Google Analytics, GoogleAdWords, and other similar tools.
- A clear and concise communicator with excellent copywriting skills, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong project management, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability to predict, anticipate, and respond to trends and engaging moments on various digital platforms.
- Developed eye for catchy and interesting content that can elevate digital traffic and overall community engagement.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), and/or Google Workspace.
- Fundraising experience a plus.
- Interest in prison reform and the arts.
- Contribute to and commit to diversity, equity and inclusion practices.
- Possess a driver’s license and have access to a car.
- Ability to work flexible hours.