FICGN is searching for a dedicated full-time Membership and Communications Manager. We are seeking candidates for this remote role who are inherently independent, brimming with creative energy, and well-versed in digital platforms. The role entails spearheading the strategic vision and content management across various channels, including the organization’s website, membership platform, mobile app development, and email and social media campaigns. Through these strategies, the individual who fills this role will be responsible for ensuring robust member engagement and fostering growth within our community.
Overall, the Membership and Communications Manager will be able to demonstrate a commitment to and passion for FICGN’s mission to meet the needs of communities directly impacted by incarceration in postsecondary education, employment, and policy change. If you possess the passion and drive to champion FICGN's cause, we encourage you to apply for this impactful role.
$69,500 - $85,850
- Implement initiatives to advance FICGN’s commitment to member satisfaction as the organization's primary focus, enhancing the value of membership in community-building, advocacy, education, and career opportunities
- Provide administrative support including but not limited to membership database management and reporting, record maintenance, and data analysis
- Implement regular renewal and acquisition activities of the FICGN membership program, ensuring data integrity in the process
- Collaboratively develop strategies and content for membership outreach and communications, including monthly member newsletter and listserv communications, engagement activities, print material, and event planning
- Evaluate and respond to individual member inquiries or comments
- Work collaboratively and independently on projects and processes to improve engagement and enhance the member experience
- Provide real-time data on member behavior and the success of member initiatives and communications, utilizing reports and other means as necessary
- Work with the Grants and Development Manager to ensure the best strategies and practices for revenue growth and exceptional member service
- Coordinate and support staffing, development, and execution of FICGN events, including but not limited to virtual and in-person events, special member-only activities, and events, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service for members through phone, email, and other modes of communication
- Serve as a member of the Scholarship Committee and other committees as needed
- Serve as a point of contact for online membership purchasing and fulfillment
- Assist with monitoring supplies, inventory, and deployment of all member-related materials
- Help accurately maintain necessary financial records, including membership dues
- Create style guides and brand voice outlines for all public relations, marketing, advertising, and other vital departments
- Consult with executive management to develop effective communication procedures and policies for various situations or crises
- Draft press releases, op-eds, and social media posts/content following organizational news
- Assist in writing letters, interdepartmental memos, and other business correspondence
- Communicate with media outlets and journalists and create press kits
- Develop materials to educate staff on communication practices
- Assist in editing websites in WordPress quickly and efficiently
- Ability to create compelling content creation for website and social media pages
- Assist with digital advertising planning
- Collaborate in the coordination of website and app development
- Own and regularly update detailed project calendars, timelines, status documents, and release schedules, and other deliverables working with internal and external teams to gather and communicate information
- Collaborate with external partners (including journalists, consultants, and partner organizations), as well as development, programming, and other cross-functional teams within the organization to ensure strategic objectives and communicated and executed for all projects, series, and events
- Work with vendors and coordinate various projects including copy orders, swag, and materials orders, including purchase requests and billing
- Pull monthly database reports for social media engagement
- Assist with the translation of materials and with storytelling coordination for videos, newsletters, and fundraising appeals
- Prepare, support, and occasionally lead communications strategy meetings.
- Participate in the preparation, execution, and promotion of fundraising activities.
- Coordinate volunteers and staff on short-term fundraising projects such as phone banks, fundraising drives, events, etc.
- Travel may be up to 25% and will include some weekends
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, business, or a related field
- 4+ years' work experience in social media management and strategy required
- Previous experience with CRM databases preferred
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills
- Highly skilled in prioritizing and managing multiple projects, problem-solving, being proactive, and working independently in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional persuasive writing, copyediting (copywriting), verbal communication, and attention to detail are a must
- The ability to follow AP style, write/edit on deadline, and communicate technical information to a general audience
- The ability to coordinate with others to produce written and graphic elements for various projects and judge the quality of written and graphic design elements
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed within a 35-hour week
- Team–oriented respect for all staff members and their roles, understanding the importance of all tasks in the holistic health of the organization
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish and English (preferred)
- Experience and ability to use and manage productivity software and platforms (e.g., Google Workspace, Salesforce, Monday.com, Asana, etc.)
- Keen attention to detail and personal accountability for completing assignments/duties against work deadlines.
- A willingness to learn on the job and problem-solve as a team
- Respect for all staff members and their roles
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Some experience managing outsourced consultant(s)
- Ability and willingness to travel for events, meetings, and conferences