Metro State University, a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, is seeking to hire a Assistant Professor. This is a full-time, tenure-track position within the College of Individualized Studies and will start on August 15, 2024.
- A minimum of master’s degree in science and technology studies or related inter-discipline, with enrollment in a doctoral program for fields in which the doctoral degree is the terminal degree. Doctoral program must be successfully completed within 5 years to meet the requirement for tenure.
- Demonstrated potential for success in teaching and professional service activities.
- A plan for scholarly activity, creative achievement, and/or research in the specified discipline(s), or related disciplines.
- Effective Communication skills (written and verbal) to communicate with a variety of persons and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an institution with a culturally, economically, and linguistically diverse workforce and student population.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work collegially with faculty and staff from diverse cultural backgrounds
- A PhD In science and technology studies or related Inter-discipline. We are particularly interested in candidates with teaching and research experience in one or more of the following: health studies; global, Indigenous, or community health; critical disabilities studies; and environmental studies.
- Experience teaching & advising Incarcerated students in in-person programs.
- Experience working with adult and post-traditional learners.
- Experience developing and implementing undergraduate Interdisciplinary curriculum.
- Experience working with justice-impacted students returning to their communities.
- Demonstrated community engagement experience
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Closing Date: Open until filled, with priority date of 12/31/23